Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2011

local gas prices in North West Minnesota


According to the New York Post, Goldman Sachs is predicting high gas prices this summer. They are predicting prices around $5 a gallon even though we have seen a drop in the price before Memorial day when prices are normally high. The price increase is to come mid July. Right now the cool weather and wind is affecting my decision to drive to nearby lakes to fish. Where and how far I go may be affected by high gas. The amount spent on gas for both boat and truck really cuts into the food and drinks I put into my cooler and the distance I go to fish. If I drive far enough that may mean a tank fill going and a tank fill coming back. I know from talking to gas station owners that high gas prices hurt them. People have less money after filling the car or truck to spend on beer,soda pop, snacks, and bait. The gas stations only make a fixed percentage off of gas sold and most of the profits come from items like food and soda. So in effect I will make food at home and bring Ice tea and avoid buying high priced supplies at the gas station if I can help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment